Thursday, October 12, 2006

On the Road to Selling Out

The Sox recently have sold out. No, I'm not talking about seats; I'm talking about start times. The Sox have pushed all home games originally scheduled for 7:05 to 7:11. That's 7:11, which is no accident; The Sox are getting paid $500,000 per year by 7-11 for this marketing ploy. I don't really mind that they're doing this. If anything I would have liked them to get more than (as Cheat pointed out) Dustin Hermanson's buy-out.

I also can't complain about this, because I'm on the road to selling out. I've decided to put some ads on the site. Sorry! I figured, I might as well try and a earn a buck or two with this whole blogging thing. I promise though, that if it isn't really profitable, I will just ditch the ads all together. I'm still working on the configuration of the ads; I'm going to try to make them as unobtrusive as possible. If you go ahead and click on any ads, it would be greatly appreciated!

2 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

If you really wanted money, you'd make them as obtrusive and intrusive as possible so someone accidentally clicks on them.

10/12/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I may, resort to that, but I hope I don't have to. If I'm making absolutely bupkus I may have be more savvy about my advertising.

I was tempted to put one beneath the site's logo, but it messed up the nice pristine look

10/12/2006 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter