Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary White Sox and Happy Anniversary Chicago. One year ago today, we won the World Series for the first time since 1917. Let's take this opportunity to reflect back on that magical season; forget the fact that the Sox could easily have been champs again this year. The stars really aligned for us that year; it was such a memorable run.

-Paulie having a kid and then ending the week with a World Series grand slam
-Pods homer against the Bo-Sox when we piled in 11 runs
-Blum coming off the bench to hit his 14th inning homer
-Juan Uribe's superman dive into the stands
-AJ stealing first base
-Joe Clutch earning his name with the AJ-scoring double
-Dominant pitching performance after dominant pitching performance
-Really, I could go on and on

Sox fans, just take this moment to savor the title, remember the joy and all the emotions. Relive the goosebumps and the elation. Pop in the World Series DVD. Smoke one more stoagie. Let John Rooney's voice ring through your ears once more; admit it, you have his call on your iPod, just like me.

If you're still feeling down, hell all I can say to cheer you up is 1908.

2 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Thanks, jeeves, for the reminder! And as sad as this year turned out, I'm still satisfied after making the friends I did thru the web. What a joy 2006 was, if only for the blogging brothers I've made. And it's all cuz of the White Sox! Long live ChiSox Blog!

10/27/2006 4:21 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Jeeves, email me at tomfornelli@yahoo.com.

I have a contest for Foul Balls I would like to invite you to join if you want.

10/27/2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter