Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wavin' A White Flag: 158 Thoughts

Sox tank it and lose 0-6

-I watched the game and am ashamed...

The Sox gave up, they didn't even fight
A run for us wasn't even in sight.
We managed for hits
But really that was it.
We hardly threatened to score
We could only muster hits in a total of four.
Ozuna, Konerko, Alomar, and Anderson managed hits,
But the production of the offense was the pits.

Vazquez was decent at the same time sucked,
He cruised through most innings, but some were what the f***.
He struck out twelve but he gave up six.
Seeing that scoreline, makes me feel sick.
12 K's is a bit of solace,
But I hate that we've fallen out of the Wild Card Race.

We k'd 11 times,
We made C.C. look divine.
It seems like we hardly tried,
The difference between us and the playoff teams is quite the divide.

Against Cleveland, the Sox have lost two straight,
McCarthy is going to start let's hope he breaks this straight.
Becuase a sweep at the hands of the Indians would suck,
I know the season's over but still, I give a f***.

I want to see the Sox do well,
But I'm in California, so oh, what the hell.
I don't expect much, because this season's been a waste,
But don't decide 2007 resutls in haste.

We have the core to compete, next season, and win,
And I hope my heart isn't broken again.
Hopefully we'll beat those damn Twins,
And stop them on their way to a division win.
Because we've got nothing left to cheer for,
Other than screwing the Twins our of a division crown!

8 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

It's a good thing your major isn't poetry! Either that or you must have met a woman! Just Kidding!

Mercifully this season is winding down.

9/27/2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

yeah, gimme the CFer

9/27/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Yes, this poetry wasn't the best...I was piss drunk when I wrote, so that might explain it. Just wait til I whip out the Seussian rhymes, I'm damn good at that.

And sorry I've been slacking this week, but the motivation isn't exactly there and things have been hectic getting my shit together for class. This are starting to calm now, but the season's practically over.

9/27/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I'm going with Paulie

9/27/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Ah, Jeeves, that was my other guess -- the drunken ode! In that case, very worthy attempt.

9/27/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

actually, now that I think about it, this is jeeves second attempt at poetry

back when the bile file first started, I think jeeves did an ode of sorts to freddy garcia

and just think, it only took a shutout to jeeves rhyming again

10/01/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

And, yep, here's the link

"Odes to Freddy"

http://chisoxblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/odes-to-freddy.html

Any season ending haikus, Milton, I mean, Jeeves?

10/01/2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I was potentially thinking about whipping out the Seussian rhyme, but we'll see if that happens. If I do that, it would have to actually be done properly. Not like my prior attempts, key word, attempts, at poetry.

10/02/2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter