Thursday, September 21, 2006

An Example of Why Ozzie Drives Me Insane

"Sweeney will give me the same, almost similar, defense from what I see (from Anderson), and he'll give me a better opportunity offensively"

Ozzie said this prior to last night's game.

I cannot fathom why Ozzie hates BA so much. It makes NO sense. We all know Anderson is a better fielder, much better fielder, and for that reason alone he should be starting. Not to mention the fact that he's batting .270+ since June 11. I could understand this if Sweeney was setting the world on fire, offensively. I guess he did, for a game, when he went 2-3. I guess Ozzie has been so wowed by that performance he's failed to notice that Sweeney has gone 0-11 since then and is exactly at the Mendoza Line.

-Small aside, but how would you feel if you were always associated with futility, like Mendoza. I mean, it's kinda of a neat thing to have everyone know your name, but it kinda stinks that your name marks the separation between absolute shit and crap.-

I think all Sox fans, well most, would agree that the best thing for us would be to play BA in CF and Sweeney in LF.

2 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Well, I think the writing on the wall was apparent the other day when BA and Ozzie jawed at one another after BA was HBP in the calf. The tension must be rife in the clubhouse, and Sweeney started in CF the next day. This fued is far from over.

9/21/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

I don't see how Ozzie treats BA different from anybody else. He throws them all under the bus when they're struggling, it's what he does.

If you ask me I think it's more that BA is a young cocky kid who's not used to failure and is having a hard time adapting to it.

I like both of em personally.

9/21/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter